Made in Canada, Luminary mushroom extracts are Certified Organic through CERES and are extensively tested to meet Health Canada's and international standards. These extracts are Certified by Health Canada as GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and, unlike some other products that use mycelium fillers, they contain 100 % fruiting bodies.
Mushrooms are high in Beta Glucans (immune-modulating components) and Luminary Mushroom extracts contain some of the highest Beta Glucans on the market. They are vegan, gluten-free and soy-free.
- Chaga has been used worldwide for its antioxidant and health-enhancing properties. It grows on birch trees and is found throughout boreal forests. Some studies indicate that chaga may help to reduce inflammation, lower blood sugar and slow cancer growth.
- Sang-Hwang has been traditionally used in Chinese medicine as an anti-cancer treatment.
- Turkey Tail mushrooms may provide a boost to the immune system, according to some studies, and have been shown as a potential aid in intestinal health and weight loss.
- Maitake is a type of adaptogen, assisting the body in fighting mental or physical difficulties. Named "the dancing mushroom," Maitake is said to have gotten its name after people danced with happiness upon finding it in the wild.
- Lion's Mane has been used for centuries in Chinese medicine and may show to help improve cognitive function and support nerve health.